How to host USMS sanctioned open water race

For details on hosting a sanctioned open water meet see article 303.  More information on our sanctions page...

Go to Open Water Sanction Request Form

The Open Water Manual at USMS has references to 3 manuals to aid race directors in planning and organizing their open water events, in the presentation of open water clinics, and centralizes a compilation of safety information on Open Water swimming. 

Hawaii's Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR), Division of Boating & Recreation requires permits when running races.  Click for link to their forms page.  And an "active" version of the MOWE (Marine/Ocean Waters Event) Permit allows you to type in info on your computer and print neatly.